- L-5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) 200 mg
- (from Griffonia simpilcifolia Seeds)
- L-Tyrosine 250 mg
- Vitamin B-3 (as Niacinamide) 10 mg
- Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 3 mg
NOW 5-HTP with L- Tyrosine 200 mg - 60 Capsule(s) - NPN:80009864
- 5-HTP is an intermediate metabolite between the amino acid L-tryptophan and serotonin
- Helps to support healthy mood balance
- Reduces symptoms of fibromyalgia
- High Potency 200 mg 5-HTP
- With synergistic L-Tyrosine, Vit B3, and Vit B6
5-HTP, the intermediate metabolite between the amino acid L-tryptophan and serotonin, is extracted from the seed of an African plant (Griffonia simplicifolia). 5-HTP readily crosses the blood-brain barrier and increases central nervous system (CNS) synthesis of serotonin. Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behaviour, and pain sensation. Serotonin also has a significant role in depression, anxiety, and aggression. 5-HTP is one of the few approved natural therapies for fibromyalgia with the possibility of reducing pain severity, morning stiffness, and sleeplessness. 5-HTP has been shown to increase neurotransmitting catecholamines such as dopamine and norepinephrine that are synthesized from tyrosine. There is speculation that increasing the availability of tyrosine to the brain allows increased neurotransmitter synthesis, which helps to counter the negative effects of stress. The addition of B-vitamins to this formula provides additional synergistic effects as they enhance the metabolism of amino acids.
DIRECTIONS & USE
Adult Dosage: To minimize the risk of gastrointestinal side effects, slowly increase dose to effective levels over a period of 2 weeks. For use beyond 1 year consult a health care practitioner.
Fibromyalgia: Take 1 capsule 2 times daily with food. Use for a minimum of 2 weeks to see beneficial effects.
Mood balance: Take 1 capsule 1-2 times daily with food. Use for a minimum of 1 week to see beneficial effects.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, following a low protein diet, or if you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity; these may include but are not limited to: L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea and anti-migraine medication.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes.
- Do not use if you have scleroderma.
- Some people may experience drowsiness.
- Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness.
- Gastrointestinal side effects including, but not limited to, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain will occur, but will subside with continued use.